- What’s crisis contraception?
- Where am I able to get crisis contraception?
- Age, wellness, life style, unwanted effects
- Just exactly How effective is contraception at preventing maternity?
- Combined capsule
- IUS (intrauterine system)
- Genital ring
- Combined tablet
- Progestogen-only pill
- Normal household preparation (fertility understanding)
- Female condoms
- Diaphragm or limit
- IUD (intrauterine device)
- IUS (intrauterine system)
- Female condoms
- Female sterilisation
- Vasectomy (male sterilisation)
- Will antibiotics stop my contraception working?
- Let’s say my partner will not make use of condoms?
- Where can I get crisis contraception (early morning after capsule, IUD)?
- Just just exactly How effective is emergency contraception?
- Where am I able to get contraception?
- Where may I get crisis contraception?
- Exactly What must I do if we skip a product (blended tablet)?
- Exactly exactly just What can I do if we skip a capsule (progestogen-only capsule)?
- Wemagine if I’ve lost a tablet?
- Let’s say i have taken a pill that is extra accident?
- Wemagine if i am regarding the product and I also’m unwell or have diarrhea?
- Just how do I alter to a various product?
- Will a pregnancy test work if i am in the tablet?
- Does the capsule connect to other medicines?
- Whenever will my periods get back when I stop using the supplement?
- How can I understand we’ve reached menopause if i am in the supplement?
Condoms would be the only variety of contraception that will both pregnancy that is prevent force away intimately sent infections (STIs).
There are 2 forms of condoms: male condoms, used from the penis; and feminine condoms, used in the vagina.
These pages is all about male condoms, and describes the way they work and where they can be got by you.
Male condoms are produced from extremely slim latex (plastic), polyisoprene or polyurethane and tend to be made to stop a person’s semen from getting into connection with their intimate partner.
At a look: condoms
- Whenever utilized precisely each time you have intercourse, male condoms are 98% effective. What this means is 2 away from 100 females can be expecting in one single 12 months whenever condoms that are male utilized as contraception.
- You will get free condoms from contraception clinics, intimate health clinics plus some GP surgeries.
- Oil-based items – such as for instance moisturiser, cream and Vaseline – may damage latex and polyisoprene condoms, however they are safe to make use of with polyurethane condoms.
- Water-based lubricant is safe to utilize along with condoms.
- It is possible for the condom to slide down during intercourse. In such a circumstance, you may require crisis contraception and also to get examined for STIs.
- Condoms should be kept in locations where are not too hot or cool, and far from razor- sharp or rough areas that could tear them or put them on away.
- Putting on a condom may be a pleasurable section of intercourse and does not have to feel a disruption.
- If you are responsive to latex, you should use polyisoprene or polyurethane condoms rather.
- A condom ought not to be utilized more often than once. Make use of a fresh one each time you have got intercourse.
- Condoms have use-by date on the packaging. Avoid using out-of-date condoms.
- Always utilize condoms that have the BSI kite mark therefore the CE mark regarding the packet. This implies they have been tested to safety that is high.
How a condom works
Condoms are really a “barrier” way of contraception. They have been made from extremely slim latex (plastic), polyurethane or polyisoprene and they are built to avoid maternity by stopping semen from fulfilling an egg.
They could additionally protect against STIs if utilized properly during genital, anal and sex that is oral.
Ensure that a person’s penis will not touch a female’s vagina before a condom happens to be placed on – semen will come out from the penis before a guy has completely ejaculated (come).
Should this happen, or if semen gets to the vagina while using the a condom, you may need crisis contraception. Opt for having an STI test.
Just how to make use of a condom
- Use the condom out from the packet, being careful never to tear it with jewelry or fingernails. Try not to start the packet along with your teeth.
- Position the condom within the tip associated with the erect penis.
- If there is a teat on the end for the condom, make use of your thumb and forefinger to fit the atmosphere from the jawhorse.
- Carefully roll the condom down seriously to the beds base associated with the penis.
- In the event that condom will not move down, you may well be keeping it the way round that is wrong. In such a circumstance, it might have sperm it away and try again with a new one on it, so throw.
- After intercourse, withdraw the penis although it’s nevertheless that are erect the condom on in the foot of the penis although you repeat this.
- Eliminate the condom through the penis, being careful never to spill any semen.
- Put the condom away in a container, perhaps maybe not along the toilet.
- Ensure that the man’s penis will not touch his partner’s genital area again.
- When you yourself have intercourse once again, make use of condom that is new.
Making use of lubricant
Condoms come lubricated to ensure they are simpler to utilize, you might also choose to utilize additional lubricant (lube). This is certainly especially advised for rectal intercourse to lessen the possibility of this condom splitting.
Any type can be used by you of lubricant with polyurethane condoms that are not made from latex. Nevertheless, if you should be making use of latex or polyisoprene condoms, avoid using oil-based lubricants – such as for example cream, human anatomy oil or petroleum ointment (Vaseline) – it more likely to split because they can damage the condom and make.
Condoms with spermicide
Some condoms have spermicide on it. You really need to stay away from this kind, or making use of spermicide as a lubricant, since it does not protect against STIs and may even boost your threat of illness.
Who is able to make use of condoms?
People can properly utilize condoms, nevertheless they may possibly not be the essential suitable way of contraception for everybody.
- Some people are allergic to condoms that are latex. Should this be an issue, polyurethane or polyisoprene condoms are less likely to want to cause a reaction that is allergic.
- Guys that have difficulty maintaining an erection might never be able to utilize condoms as the penis must certanly be erect to stop semen from dripping or the condom sliding down.